Miss Pippi is now available for adoption. This ‘pretty in pink’ little girl is 1 1/2 years old and weighs just 9 lbs. She’s a tiny bundle of energy who loves to play and will require an active family. She is very clever and will keep her new family on their toes. She is very food motivated and will do anything necessary to get to food, including climbing furniture. She loves sleeping with her foster parents in their bed. Like clock-work she will wake them up at 7:30am by putting her adorable little nose into their ear letting them know she needs to go outside to do her lady-like business. However she is still young and her new family will need to watch for her cues to know when she needs to go out.
Pippi loves to run and will require a fenced yard to keep her safe. She is still learning how to walk politely on a leash without pulling. Like almost every other dachshund in the world, she loves to bark and as a result, would not be suitable for apartment life. She will also bark at small children and would prefer older children only. She is ok with other dogs if they are friendly and not too big. And she would really prefer a family where someone is home during the day, and she is not left alone for long periods of time.
Lastly, Pippi can be frightened of loud noises and she is nervous around men and boys. She took quite some time to warm up to her foster dad, but she is slowly learning to trust him. As a result, any male in her new family will need to be calm and gentle with her.
Pippi asked us to add that she is really looking forward to learning lots of new things and enjoying lots of new experiences with her fur-ever family.
✅ Children 10+
✅ Good with other smaller, friendly dogs
⚠️ Someone who will be at home with her
⛔️ Not suitable for an apartment
⛔️ No cats
A FEW WORDS FROM ACDR:
* If you think Pippi may be a perfect fit for your family, please complete an adoption application at: https://www.atlanticdaxrescue.com/adoption-application/
* If you already have an application on file, you can send us a message or email at email@example.com and ask to be considered for Pippi instead of submitting another application.
* Due to limited resources, only applications that fit Pippi’s requirements will be contacted for a potential adoption trial.
* We only adopt to NS, NB, PEI & NL. Matches are not based on proximity to the dog, but on the best fit for the dog.
* Applications close on Sun, March 12th at 12 noon.
* Adoption fee is $450 payable by e-transfer or cash.
* Pippi is being fostered in Nova Scotia.